Making Meadows Work and Pay - exploring the value of native pasture and meadows in low cost grazing systems for the future
From 09.45 for 10.00 until 14.00
At Withington Village Hall HR1 3PP
Links to the presentations at the Forum are on the NEWS page
Do you have permanent pasture, meadows and herbal leys?
Are you considering how to manage them to benefit your farm business and help wildlife thrive?
- The Economics of Permanent Grassland and Herbal Leys in livestock systems; Jonty Brunyee – pasture fed livestock farmer, Nuffield Scholar and farm business management lecturer at RAU Cirencester
- The Value of Flood Plain Meadows for wildlife and natural flood management; Emma Rotheroe - Floodplain Meadows Partnership
- A Review of Conservation Grazing; Jim Swanson, former GAP adviser and lecturer at Hartpury UC
- Experiences of meadow restoration techniques in 2017 - Herefordshire Meadows members Mark Wood and Fiona Fyshe
- Measuring the success of arable reversion and herb rich grassland restoration in Herefordshire – Stuart Hedley, wild plant trainer and Caroline Hanks
All Welcome - light buffet at 13.00
Booking essential through Herefordshire Rural Hub
Email: email@example.com - or telephone 01432 353465
Enquiries to Caroline Hanks firstname.lastname@example.org 07779 080940 and 01981 251016