This is a chance to feed your ideas and views on grassland, and other crops and habitats, to The Environmental Land Management (ELM) scheme that is the new agricultural policy for England.
- You can feedback to DEFRA on the discussion questions as an individual
- You can also feed comments on meadows and diverse swards to Caroline Hanks who is collating a response on behalf of Herefordshire Meadows.
DEFRA published an ELM Policy discussion document on 25 February 2020. The aim of the document was to start a 10-week national conversation to help shape the future of the scheme in England. Due to the coronavirus outbreak, they had to pause these discussions.
The discussions are now reopened and this period will remain open until Friday 31 July 2020.
How you can get involved
You can view the ELM Policy discussion document. Or, you can request a printed copy by calling the helpline on 03459 335577.
There are 6 interactive online seminars for farmers, foresters and land managers in England to give an overview of how the proposed ELM scheme will work and an opportunity to discuss it with DEFRA and to help shape the scheme design.
The dates and times of the interactive online seminars are:
|· Wednesday 1 July – 12 to 1.30pm|
· Tuesday 7 July – 6 to 7.30pm
· Thursday 16 July – 8.30 to 10am
· Thursday 23 July – 12 to 1.30pm
· Tuesday 28 July – 8.30 to 10am
· Thursday 30 July – 6 to 7.30pm